Hair color fading is a pretty disappointing thing, especially considering how expensive salon hair dyeing today is. However, there are several tips that will help you to maintain your beautiful hair color at home! Check them out in this article.
1. Use dry shampoo for colored hair on days when you don’t wash your hair. In order to keep the color bright, and the hair fresh and clean, apply dry shampoo on it, standing with your head held down: spray dry shampoo at the roots in order to remove excess sebum and oil.
2. Don’t use hot water when washing your hair with shampoo. When shampooing, use warm water temperature or even a little bit cooler. Very hot water quickly washes away the hair dye and damages the hair, as it opens the hair cuticles.
3. Don’t use sulfate products. Sulfates wash off hair dye, so buy a sulfate-free shampoo. Regular shampoos contain salts that dehydrate hair. Remember that moisture loss is one of the main reasons of color fading.
4. Use nourishing hair masks that can prevent your pigments from washing out. Try Braé Divine Deep Cosmetics Hair Treatment Mask. It’s one of the most popular Braé masks. It will make your hair nourished and moistured while making your curls look neat and providing anti-frizz effect as well!
5. Use hair toners at least once a week in order to keep your hair color nice and fresh. Ask your hairstylist to choose the product that will be perfect for your hair.